installation trouble RH7.2

dnsadmin 1bigthink.com dnsadmin at 1BIGTHINK.COM
Wed Jul 13 16:25:21 IST 2005

At 07:46 PM 7/12/2005, you wrote:

>7/12/05
>
>Thanks for reading.  Suggestions appreciated.  If you are going to tell me
>to read documentation, please be specific about which documentation
>where.  I tried unsuccessfully to find some applicable docs myself before
>sending this.  I will read.
>
>The server I am attempting to install MailScanner on has:
>RedHat v 7.2
>perl, v5.6.0 built for i386-linux
>sendmail

Hello Meryll,

I saw no replies. Did you receive instructions off list?

Why RedHat 7.2? Pretty old. Have you looked at Whitebox or CentOS?

As for your errors.. most certainly the old Perl version you are running,
installed default with RedHat 7.2.

Cheers,
Glenn Parsons