mailscanner + spamassassin vs assp

David Curtis DCurtis at SBSCHOOLS.NET
Tue Jul 12 21:42:03 IST 2005

I tried many, many spam fighting software programs and have never been
more impressed with a product as MailScanner. It took me a while to get
every thing the way I wanted because I am new to linux. I tried ASSP and
it is good but I don't think nearly as good as MailScanner. I had also
found it to be pretty light weight and not as configurable. Maybe I
missed some features but I did not see options to add to ASSP like
external virus scanners.

I have never subscribed to the ASSP mailing list but I can tell you
that the mailscanner mailing list is worth its wait in gold. I have been
running mailscanner for many months now and it is rock solid. I have
become so comfortable with it that I have started to install it in some
of my customers networks.

Just my 2cents.

>>> kte at NEXIS.BE 7/12/2005 3:37:37 PM >>>
What is the difference between mailscanner an assp??
http://assp.sourceforge.net/
I like to make a good chose. Easy config + good results. Has anyoe has

some idea's??

Koen