Error's when running spamassassin --lint

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Jul 11 23:40:43 IST 2005

Jody Cleveland wrote:
>>Sounds like you have 3.0.4 SA, but you've managed to get an
>>init.pre that goes
>>with a 3.1.0 prerelease. check /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.pre
>>for references to
>>the DCC plugin.
>>
>>(in SA 3.0.* DCC is a built in, not a plugin, but in 3.1.*
>>it's a plugin)
>

> There is a reference in there. Should I remove it?

If you are running 3.0.4, you should only have init.pre, and it should only have
the same settings as are in the stock file (unless you  added a 3rd party plugin
such as wrongmx, then you'll need the loadplugin commands for that.)

The stock 3.0.* init.pre is on the website:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/rules/init.pre

If you're not sure if you have any plugins, this site at least lists most of the
ones that exist and you can check for those in your config:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CustomPlugins