updating mcafee uvscan

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Fri Jul 8 16:08:06 IST 2005

McAfee update their released DAT files daily (and on the odd occasion
more frequently, usually when there are false-positives).

The DAT files your update-nai.pl script grabs are published every hour
by McAfee and are regarded by them as "test" DAT files - they may
contain false positives, for example.  If you can live with this
possibility, that's fine.

But I'd strongly advise you to use additional scanners like Bitdefender
and ClamAV as well if you want timely detections of new threats.

Cheers,

Phil
----
Phil Randal