4.43.8 Language file problem

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 6 18:05:54 IST 2005

Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:

>Probably something that I messed up but lets see.
>
>I upgraded using the wiki instructions and the README.  All went well
>except for the language file upgrade.  Here is pretty much what I was
>following and did:
>
>RPM
>===
>If you are using the RPM distributions then try this:
>
>cd /etc/MailScanner/reports/en
>upgrade_languages_conf languages.conf languages.conf.rpmnew >
>languages.new
>mv -f languages.conf languages.old
>mv -f languages.new  languages.conf
>

>1)
>From what I seen I had no language.conf.rmpnew although I do have a file
>called language.conf.new

No you don't. Not in the ls output below, anyway.
And it's rpmnew and not rmpnew.

>[root at WoodenMS en]# ls
>deleted.content.message.txt   recipient.spam.report.txt
>deleted.filename.message.txt  sender.content.report.txt
>deleted.virus.message.txt     sender.error.report.txt
>disinfected.report.txt        sender.filename.report.txt
>inline.sig.html               sender.mcp.report.txt
>inline.sig.txt                sender.spam.rbl.report.txt
>inline.spam.warning.txt       sender.spam.report.txt
>inline.warning.html           sender.spam.sa.report.txt
>inline.warning.txt            sender.virus.report.txt
>languages.conf                stored.content.message.txt
>languages.conf.from.new       stored.filename.message.txt
>languages.new                 stored.virus.message.txt
>recipient.mcp.report.txt
>
>2)
>The language.new has nothing in it.  I am guessing that since there was
>no language.rpmnew that it created the file from nothing and hence is
>blank.
>
>The languages.conf.from.new file is the new one that was created.  I
>renamed this so that I could use my original language file and get
>MailScanner up and running without the lanuage errors.

Can you confirm that your /usr/sbin/upgrade_languages_conf contains 6
lines like this:

my $oldfname = shift;
my $newfname = shift;

Usage() unless $oldfname &&    $newfname &&
            -f $oldfname && -f $newfname &&
            -s $oldfname && -s $newfname;

If you hadn't edited the previous languages.conf file, then you won't
have a .rpmnew file and therefore won't have any upgrading to do.

Your typos in your filenames mentioned above make me slightly doubtful
of the filenames you are talking about now. Sorry.

>Any idea what happened to my language.rpmnew file?
>
>Billy Pumphrey
>IT Manager
>Wooden & McLaughlin

>Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and