"best" virusprogram

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Tue Jul 5 16:25:40 IST 2005

The best one is that which catches all viruses all of the time.

Failing that, a mix increases your chances of catching new ones.

We use McAfee's uvscan, Bitdefender, and ClamAV here.  Usually ClamAV and
Bitdefender get their new detections out before McAfee, which is on a
daily DAT release cycle.  One of the latest Bagle variants was an
exception to the rule, with mcafee catching it first.

I'd recommend ClamAV and Bitdefender to everybody.

Cheers,

Phil
----
Phil Randal