MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Stable 4.43.7 released
MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jul 2 09:51:11 IST 2005
[ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
[ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set. ]
[ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]
I have just released the July edition of MailScanner, version 4.43.
The major feature this month is the addition of the "Generic Spam
Scanner". This gives you the ability to run any other spam detection
software in addition to, or instead of, SpamAssassin. You don't need to
know any Perl to get it working as an example calling an external
program is provided.
Your own spam scanner takes a few details of the message, as well as the
message itself, and prints out its report along with the message's spam
score. MailScanner does everything else for you.
If people write plugins for other anti-spam tools, I would very much
like to publish them on the MailScanner web site.
You can download it all as usual from www.mailscanner.info.
The full Change Log :
* New Features and Improvements *
- Added "Custom Spam Scanner" so that you can very easily plug in your
own spam scanner, for example dspam. See MailScanner.conf and
.../MailScanner/CustomFunctions/GenericSpamScanner.pm for more details.
- "Allowed Sophos Error Messages" now works for SophosSAVI scanner as well
as the command-line Sophos scanner.
- "\n" can be used to insert line breaks in just about any configuration
setting or languages.conf string.
- Optimised scanning of messages when spam/mcp archive is not kept clean.
- Updated Clam+SpamAssassin package for SpamAssassin 3.0.4.
* Fixes *
- Fixed bug in upgrade_MailScanner_conf so that it puts in the new value of
"MailScanner Version Number" rather than copying it over from the old one,
and it now gets all the comments right around this option when the
"--keep-comments" command-line switch is used.
- Syslogging of files with allowed Sophos errors should now be correct.
- Fixed missing syslog entry for MCP actions taken on a non-delivered
- Fixed bug where infection could be reported for wrong message ID as well
as correct message ID.
- Modified panda-wrapper to process entire batch in one call instead of
- If message parsing failed, the pipe might not exist and this wasn't
- Improved fault auto-detection and auto-correcting of Postfix formatting
Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
Professional Support Services at www.MailScanner.biz
MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words:
'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and
the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
More information about the MailScanner