Few spam related questions

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Fri Jul 1 22:03:45 IST 2005

Hello everyone! just wanted to ask a few spam related questions in
regards to MS and plugins.

1.) Anybody having problems with pyzor? lately, mine has been timing
out. I can 'discover' fine, but timeout when I ping.

2.) Been working with Bayes a lot lately and have a question about the
following entry in spam.assassin.prefs.conf

# Bump up SpamAssassin scores on the high and low end
# score BAYES_00 -15.0
# score BAYES_05 -5.0
# score BAYES_95 5.0
# score BAYES_99 15.0

Those are currently commented out, but i'd like to use them if possible.
Anyone have recommendations on how to set this? Personal preference? I'd
like to get bayes working as best as I can. Wasn't quite sure on the
best way to utilizie this part.

I am also going to implement rulesdujour as well. I've added some of the
rules from rulesemporium and it has made a difference. Now, i just need
to keep at this so I can ensure my spamblocking continues.

After that, I need to look at MCP. :)

Thanks and everyone have a good weekend.

Jason