Debian-Postfix install guide

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 00:16:35 IST 2005

On 6/30/05, Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo-route.com> wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:
> > How is the wiki on these subjects?
>
> There isn't much distro-specific material in the wiki.  Once this debian
> guide is crystal, I'll put it on the wiki and create a distro-specific
> section.  I may eventually have time to create a FreeBSD manual as well,
> but I don't have any machine that is under my control that runs FreeBSD.
>  For the rest, Mandrake, Gentoo, SUSE, Slackware, SUN & others, the
> debian relies on the contribution of people...

(snip)> --
> Ugo
Should the wiki become more distro-specific? I don't know, but I've
tried to be very general in what I've written so far.... Keep any
nitgritty details in a "notes" section or so... After all, everything
about anything from MTA to MailScanner to AVs etc etc are pretty much
the same on any *nix system. Some things need special mention, or a
specific section, but do we really want 32 different "How to install
MS on <insert fav OS/distro variant>?

--
-- Glenn (still on vacation, still slightly drunk)