Rules for filename checking

Howard Robinson Howard at HARPER-ADAMS.AC.UK
Thu Jan 27 16:19:47 GMT 2005

Hello All,

Looking through the archives it looks to me like the following in the
filename.rules file will allow me to have a my standard
filename.rule.conf as default but also allow usera to send email to
userb using a different file, and slightly tweaked,
filename.rule.exceptions. I block MP3 attachments to every one
but one user gets voicemail email to her in mp3 format from a third
party.

So in MailScanner.conf I have
Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filename.rules

In %etc-dir%/filename.rules
I have

# Always. always end with a default rule
# on one line but wrapped in pegasus!
From:   userA  and To: userB
/%rulesdir%/filename.rules.exceptions
# Everyone else uses this file
FromOrTo: default  /%rules-dir%/filename.rules.conf

I have tried From, To and FromOrTo and they worked as expected
but its the 'anding' that I am unsure of.
I am I right?
Is it and or And?
Oh and the actual lines are tabbed not spaced.
Thanks

Thanks
(MailScanner Book is ordered by the way)

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk