Exim security/iptables query

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Wed Jan 26 14:06:20 GMT 2005

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions wrote:

>Hi all
>
>We are using vispan on some of our sendmail servers, however its support for
>exim is pretty much non-existent, so I'm looking for a similar type of
>solution for exim
>Basically we want to be able to drop Ips into iptables if they send more
>than X viruses or spam in a given period.
>Over the last few days we have seen a very high number of infected machines
>hammering servers with junk, so dropping the connections from these machines
>would save us a lot of headaches
>
>Any ideas?

Michele,

Why don't you use the IPBlock code inside MS?  It's working fine here
but it puts offenders into the access database of sendmail.  I'm sure
you could modify it to update iptables instead.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste