Exchange and duplicate message-id with quarantine.

Stef Morrell stef at L5NET.NET
Wed Jan 26 12:07:37 GMT 2005

Julian said:
>> What happens if you set
>> Remove These Headers = Message-Id
>> Then the Message-Id will be removed from the cleaned messages,
forcing
>> Exchange it add its own, unique, id.

Joshua replied
>That would probably work, but then I can't follow the message ID's when
someone reports >a problem :-)

That's a good solution for me though, as I can track message movements
through my server from the ESMTP id in the received header, which is
what appears in my logfiles.

On an utterly unrelated note, I didn't receive any of Julian's replies
to this in my inbox and had to check the archive.  I wonder if MS has
taken a dislike to it's Daddy. ;)

Thanks for the assist guys!

Stef
Stefan Morrell          | Operations Director
Tel: 0870 365 2813      | Level 5 Internet Ltd
Fax: 0192 450 7307      | Part of the Alpha Omega Group
stef at l5net.net          | stef at aoc-uk.com