Exchange and duplicate message-id with quarantine.

Hirsh, Joshua joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Jan 25 17:53:03 GMT 2005

> What are your "Spam Actions". If you use "notify" then the
> message-id is
> generated by the MTA, and should therefore always be unique.

 I run into the same problem here. The default timeout in Exchange is one
hour, after which, the server will gladly accept and deliver the messages.

 Julian: The problem is with an email that has an attachment removed or
blocked. The cleaned messages is sent on to the user and if you were to
release the blocked content (stored as a raw queue file) within an hour of
originally receiving the message, Exchange silently blocks it out as being a
duplicate.

 Regards,

--
Joshua Hirsh