Problem with archive.rules

Oliver Rooney oliverr at TRAYPORT.COM
Thu Jan 20 12:11:12 GMT 2005

Hello All,

I am running MailScanner on a sendmail relay and I am having some
trouble with archiving email. I have successfully been archiving all
emails sent throught the relay to a directory, but now I am trying to
archive emails to mail boxes based on the domain of the
sender/recipient. This itself is not the problem, I also need to exclude
some emails based on the username of the sender/recipient. I have tried
the following %rules_dir%/archive.rules setup:

Fromorto:       exclude at mydomain.com    /var/mailarchive
Fromorto:       *@external_domain.com   /var/mailarchive
external_domain at mydomain.com
Fromorto:       default                 /var/mailarchive

And had no joy as emails match both rules. I have also tried separate
to: and from: lines for both, also withou joy. I have also tried
(longshot) recursive rulsets

Fromorto:       *@external_domain.com   %rules_dir%/external.rules

But that gets interpreted as an mbox file.

Is there anyway to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Oliver Rooney
Trayport Ltd
<http://www.trayport.com>