Blacklist To: not working

Dan Harris dannyh at aac-services.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 12:14:42 GMT 2005

>From: Daniel Bird
>Subject: Re: Blacklist To: not working
>Dan Haris wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to blacklist a To: address in my
>>/etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist.rules file with an
>>entry like this:
>>
>>To:     user at domain.co.uk               yes
>>
>You'll want to use Exim's callout fuction:
>http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec.html
>
>A far better solution is to "block" at the MTA level IMHO.
>
>regards
>Dan

Ok I understand how callouts work, but management insist that we accept
inbound mail to any address at ourdomain.co.uk so that we can catch simple
typos and forward the mail on. Unfortunately the destination for these
non-existent addressees is me, which is why I would like to block some of
the biggest spam destination addresses somehow. Hence the question about the
To: entry in the blacklist. Is there any good reason why the To: entry in my
spam.blacklist.rules wouldn't work? If so is there a "Better Way (TM)" to
block just a few destination addresses in MailScanner/SA/Exim4?

Best regards,

Dan Harris.