Sophos and multi volume archives

Joseph Watson josephwatson at FSE.US
Mon Jan 17 17:55:49 GMT 2005

I am running
Mandrake 10.0
MailScanner
Sophos
DrWeb
F-prot

I just recently tried to send a multi volume archive zip file that I created
with WinZip "Split" function.  Sophos picked this up and returned the
following message: (part of multi volume archive).  So it was blocked. I
could not find a way to control this behavior with Sophos, so I had to turn
off Sophos to get this email through (I had to get just this one out).  Does
anyone know if this is controllable??

This brings up a question thought.  How can you allow emails with multi
volume archives but still protect yourself from possible bad guys using this
method??

Any thoughts?

- Regards

Joseph Watson