Problem with MailScanner failing to process mqueue.in mail

Jim Holland mailscanner at MANGO.ZW
Fri Jan 7 16:39:32 GMT 2005

Hi Julian

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Julian Field wrote:

> >The problem seems to have been solved by moving a specific problem message
> >out of the mail queue.  There were a number of similar messages from the
> >same source, and it seems that each time they sent a message then it
> >caused the failure.  Would it be helpful to send you a copy of one of the
> >messages for analysis?  It would definitely be unwise to send it to the
> >list as it would clearly cause problems for other people.
>
> The latest release fixed one problem in this area (new version of
> MIME-tools). If (and only if) you are running MIME-tools 5.415, then
> upgrade to MIME-tools 5.416.

Thanks for your response.

I have upgraded to MailScanner version 4.37.7, which still uses
MIME-tools-5.415.  As a test I reinserted the problem message into
mqueue.in and found that this time it was processed without any problem.

For others facing this kind of problem: the short term solution was simply
to move the oldest message out of mqueue.in, as that was the message that
was causing the hangup.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service