Mailwatch question

Bill Huff bhuff at COLLTECH.COM
Thu Jan 6 15:02:24 GMT 2005

Matt, mailwatch does indeed capture the difference, however there is not a
'provided' interface to view it.  It is all in the DB however, and a custom
report is trivial to create based on the way that the mailwatch reporting system
is designed.

In your mailwatch database is a table called maillog.  In the maillog table
there are columns to track if a given message is spam, if it is high scoring
spam, if it is virus infected or if it was name or content infected.

Here is a 'describe' of the columns that I am referring too.  You can see that
you have a very full set of information that is being tracked.  It would be
trivial to create a report like you are asking for, the data is all there.

If you would like some help, contact me off list and I will give you a hand.

--
Bill

| isspam          | tinyint(1)    | YES  |     | 0       |       |
| ishighspam      | tinyint(1)    | YES  |     | 0       |       |
| issaspam        | tinyint(1)    | YES  |     | 0       |       |
| isrblspam       | tinyint(1)    | YES  |     | 0       |       |
| spamwhitelisted | tinyint(1)    | YES  |     | 0       |       |
| spamblacklisted | tinyint(1)    | YES  |     | 0       |       |
| sascore         | decimal(7,2)  | YES  |     | 0.00    |       |
| spamreport      | text          | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| virusinfected   | tinyint(1)    | YES  |     | 0       |       |
| nameinfected    | tinyint(1)    | YES  |     | 0       |       |
| otherinfected   | tinyint(1)    | YES  |     | 0       |       |

--
      _____
     / ___/___       | Bill Huff, CISSP - Director of Technology