Mailwatch question

Matt Kehler mkehler at WRHA.MB.CA
Thu Jan 6 14:32:24 GMT 2005

Thanks Glenn.  I know they are a different color, and I know they show at
the top right when looking at the current (daily) stats.  But what I"m
looking for is 'in the month of December, XXXX emails were blocked due to
file attachment'.   Better yet, since we service multiple domain names,
add '  .....blocked due to file attachment when destined for abc123.com '

I assume I will have to do my own custom report for that?  Even when
filtering for December; it will show emails/spam/virus per day, per
month, etc..but it doesn't seem that blocked are included.  Unless I'm
crazy (which very well could be :)

Matt

>>> Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE 01/05/05 05:10PM >>>
As replied on theother list.... Red for blocked content, pink for spam
(darker for High Scoring)... You'll note the difference:-). As I said,
even a severely colorblind person like me have no problem with that:-).

If you like to have reports on each type, you'll just have to select a
relevant subset of limits. Again, it's pretty straightforward.

-- Glenn

-----Original Message-----
Sent:   on 2005-01-05 20:04
To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject:        Mailwatch question
I know its a MailWatch question, but it seems as though theres a lot more
MW users on this list than the actual MW list itself...so... :)

If you have MS configured to block emails based on extension (such as
..pif's for example), do those blocked emails show in the MailWatch
'spam' statistics, or do they not show at all?   Is there a way to
differentiate the emails blocked due to file extension from the emails
blocked due to spam?  Our management wants to know how much MailScanner
is blocking due to 'itself' (ie, spam heuristics, virus scanning, etc) as
opposed to stuff that we manually configure  (ie, the file extensions
that we block regardless of infection or spam)

thx

Matt

This email and/or any documents in this transmission is intended for the
addressee(s) only and may contain legally privileged or confidential
information.  Any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, copying or
dissemination is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this transmission
in
error, please notify the sender immediately and return the original.

Ce courriel et tout document dans cette transmission est destiné à la
personne
ou aux personnes à qui il est adressé. Il peut contenir des informations
privilégiées ou confidentielles. Toute utilisation, divulgation,
distribution,
copie, ou diffusion non autorisée est strictement défendue. Si vous
n'êtes pas
le destinataire de ce message, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur
immédiatement
et lui remettre l'original.

l'original. ------------------------ MailScanner list