Stop Sendmail from bouncing unknown user?

Vlad Mazek vlad at MAZEK.COM
Wed Jan 5 17:32:02 GMT 2005

With the milter the extra traffic would be negligible because it only
does a lookup, not the actual message transfer; Its still a bit of an
overkill and a waste of time to do these lookups if you already know who
you're protecting.

There are a lot more efficient ways than what you're doing.. google for
Vispan unless you can write your own custom rate limiting code and drop
them before they can cause actual damage. 72% (overall) of address book
attacks on us come from hosts with no reverse DNS entry while most spam
comes from open relay and proxy systems on major us/japan/german ISP's..

-Vlad