Why oh Why!!

Vlad Mazek vlad at MAZEK.COM
Wed Jan 5 16:35:25 GMT 2005

James Stevens wrote:

>If I can get exchange to accept mail for both names I will be set. I.e. Domain.com and sub.domain.com
>
>can you point me to the multiple places to configure this? I must have missed something .
>
>    On the Exchange 2003 box:
>    Start > All Programs > Exchange 2003 > System Manager
>
>    Inside system manager:
>    Recipients > Recipient Policies > Default Policy (right click to get
>    properties)
>
>    Add the new domain under Email Addresses (Policy) and enable it to add
>    the new domain to Exchange.

Did you try that? It is the only place in Exchange where domains are
configurable for the SMTP policy and if you can't find those you're
probably not on the right system, don't have sufficient priviledges, etc.

SMTP Addresses (per-user) are configurable in user account properties.
Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools >  Active Directory Users &
Computers > Expand default domain, users container, right click on the
user and select properties... SMTP stuff is defined on the Email
Addresses tab -- you need to create an SMTP address.

-Vlad