Stop Sendmail from bouncing unknown user?

Brian Lewis test at NEXTMILL.NET
Wed Jan 5 16:29:27 GMT 2005

Unfortunately I believe this feature is for incoming email.  I need it to
not generate a reply back to the sender when it attempts to deliver a
queue item to another server that says the user is unknown or doesn't
exist.

I run a few mailscanners for a bunch of domains, the scanners then use a
table in sendmail to redirect all clean domain email to the correct mail
server for that domain. Unfortunately this means the server accepts all
email for a particular domain name no matter what, and if it scores low
enough to not be deleted it is sent to the real mailserver handling that
domain email, which in turn refuses the email message, causing the scanner
to have to generate and attempt to send an undeliverable email to the
sender.  I'd like to stop that behavior