Question regarding IPBlock

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at IRC-ADDICTS.DE
Thu Feb 24 13:36:33 GMT 2005

Hi there,

i am using the Function IPBlock in my MailScanner.conf..but..

the systems hard-drive almost crashed, so i had to setup a new system.
MS and all other programmes involved are working fine..but..

I had forgotten to get the IPBlock-Clean.pl-Script into the
/etc/cron.hourly, so suddenly 127.0.0.1 got blocked.

Due to the fact that this custom-function is changing the access.db
directly i only noticed this as i looked into the logfile, and noticed the
reject-message.

So, again my question:

Is there a way to write into a logfile? or even better, use the
access-file with makemap to create the access.db?
As, cat /etc/mail/access, would show the blocked IPs directly..

I am trying to write into an logfile, but there is nothing happening there
:(

Thanks in advance..

and sorry, if some mails got bounced from my mailserver..

Greetings

Marcel