4.39.3-1 bug or is it me - what MailScanner "debug" shows

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Thu Feb 24 13:10:27 GMT 2005

Julian

Please ignore my last message. The one hard piece of information I have
is from when I run 4.39.3-1 in "debug" mode. It is repeatable.

It picks up the first message in "mqueue.in" which happens to be both
spam and carrying a virus. It writes out quite a bit of the normal
MailScanner logging information to syslog then stops after issuing the
following message to console:

Can't call method "print" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MIME/Entity.pm line 1803.

At that point in Entity.pm it appears to be trying to print the body of
a message to "OUTSTREAM" [?] for a MIME 'multipart' type.

I cannot tell if this is the cause of the problem or a consequence of
it!

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.