Quick Sendmail access question

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 21:36:34 GMT 2005

In our experience, it saves you in dictionary attacks. I believe it
watches for things like Exchange dying.
You can build a list of valid recipients, but it is much more work than
installing milter-ahead.

But only Exchange 2k3 will reject addresses that don't exist, and even
then it isn't enabled by default (heaven only knows why not!)