filetype rule false positive

Adri Koppes adrik at SALESMANAGER.NL
Wed Feb 23 13:24:59 GMT 2005

Peter,

You could edit the magic number database use by the 'file' command to use
another magic number for PE executables.....
Or you could remove the PE executables from the filetype rules database...
I'd be happy to know what other magic numbers could be used besides the
string 'LZ' at the start.

Adri.

http://www.utwente.nl/itbe