filetype rule false positive

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at UTWENTE.NL
Wed Feb 23 13:13:52 GMT 2005

Julian Field wrote on 22-2-2005 18:14:

>> This isn't really a MailScanner issue. This is a problem with the "file"
>> command and how it attempts to detect the mime content of messages.
>> I've run
>> into similar problems with certain text being picked up as AVI's. If it
>> happens quite frequently, your best bet is to disable the file content
>> detection.
>>
> Fortunately the users can easily work around it, just by adding a space
> or a blank line at the start of their message.

This sound like Microsoft telling people not to use the word begin at
the beginning of a line. The recipients have the "problem" and the
senders have to take action. It's not something my users like.

--
Peter Peters, senior beheerder (Security)
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)