FW: noticefilenameinfected

Pete Russell pete at ENITECH.COM.AU
Sat Feb 19 06:02:15 GMT 2005

Have a look in the notification section onf the MS conf

The below config is for my outbound machine, so i only want to notify
those sending block files etc not viruses.

You want to say NO to the first one.

#
# Notifications back to the senders of blocked messages
# -----------------------------------------------------
#

# Do you want to notify the people who sent you messages containing
# viruses or badly-named filenames?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Notify Senders = yes

# *If* "Notify Senders" is set to yes, do you want to notify people
# who sent you messages containing viruses?
# The default value has been changed to "no" as most viruses now fake
# sender addresses and therefore should be on the "Silent Viruses" list.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Notify Senders Of Viruses = no

# *If* "Notify Senders" is set to yes, do you want to notify people
# who sent you messages containing attachments that are blocked due to
# their filename or file contents?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = yes

# *If* "Notify Senders" is set to yes, do you want to notify people
# who sent you messages containing other blocked content, such as
# partial messages or messages with external bodies?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Notify Senders Of Other Blocked Content = yes

# If you supply a space-separated list of message "precedence" settings,
# then senders of those messages will not be warned about anything you
# rejected. This is particularly suitable for mailing lists, so that any
# MailScanner responses do not get sent to the entire list.
Never Notify Senders Of Precedence = list bulk