Rule match by Subject: ?

Chuck Foster chuck.foster at STREAMSHIELD.COM
Thu Feb 17 17:45:54 GMT 2005

    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-2" character set. ]

Marcin wrote:
> Is it not enough that people can add a proper rule to spamassasin
> and rise/lower scores for matching subjects?
> I do it eg. for word 'virus' in subject and that works fine.

This would be after the rulesets have been examined of course, ie. the
decision has already been made; I guess someone might want to do
something like:

To:     user at domain and Subject: /v[i1]agra/    delete

rather than SpamAssassin simply setting a score for the message.

I can see potential applications for this on arbitrary headers, not too
sure how useful it would be generally (though of course once it's there
... (hmm,   X-Mailer:   /outlook/       delete     :-))

Chuck

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received
this
email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard
copy
by an authorized signatory.

       This message has been scanned for all known viruses and dangerous
       content by StreamShield Protector, and has been found to be clean.