Beta 4.39.1 released
MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 17 16:33:28 GMT 2005
[ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
[ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set. ]
[ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]
I have just released the first beta of the next version of MailScanner,
There have been a little collection of relatively important fixes in
this release, especially for users of the phishing net who may have seen
occasional messages with the body of the HTML email appearing to be
Download it as usual from www.mailscanner.info.
The full Change Log is this:
* New Features and Improvements *
- If the AttachmentWarning message put into a message is empty (zero-length)
then the empty attachment won't be added to the message at all.
- Added scanning of PE's by default to clamavmodule scanner.
- Added feature when IP address in a ruleset has all 4 numbers, so that a
full string match is done against the client IP, not a substring match.
- Added support for output from latest F-Prot.
* Fixes *
- Corrected problem with <a> tags that have no text contents and no </a>.
- 2 minor typos in the Swedish reports.
- Changed check_MailScanner to check_mailscanner in cron job.
- Fixed problem where files with no extension, inside a zip file, were
extracted with ".dat" added onto the end of them.
- Fixed problem with phishing net being confused by some malformed URLs.
Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words:
'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
More information about the MailScanner