postfix delay

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Thu Feb 17 12:08:09 GMT 2005

On Thu, February 17, 2005 11:39, Steen, Glenn said:
> Thanks Drew. Thought so, but it's always better to have more than one
> pair of eyes....:)
>
> I found a lot of the anti-UCE docs on http://www.postfix.org/docs.html
> to be very helpful, especially John Seymours
> http://jimsun.linxnet.com/misc/postfix-anti-UCE.txt
> ... And some nice rtfm on the smtpd_*_restrictions settings:-).

Yes, there is lots of good info out there. I spent ages re-formatting my
main.cf so I could easily identify, set up and maintain particularly the
smtpd_* options using nice stacked options starting with white spaces.
That way I know what will be checked and in which order. I have also been
using an extension to the 'single Postfix instance' MailScanner rule,
allowing me to block using other headers. Put all other lines *above* the
Subject: (Crossing threads slightly :-) ) From: or anything else you
fancy. It's been very effective rejecting mail from a broken mailer at my
car insurance company (2000 copies of the same confirmaton in 2 hours).

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy