MailScanner for outbound only

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Fri Feb 11 10:10:47 GMT 2005

Good Luck convincing your PHB to spend a nit:-).

(And sorry to all for my non-necessary post in this thread... Hateful webmail lacking proper threading... Didn't see the resolution. Sigh. And now I've wasted some more seconds of your time:)

-- Glenn

-----Original Message-----
Sent:   Fri 2/11/2005 5:18 AM
To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject:        Re: MailScanner for outbound only
Well i just created a new mailscanner machine, configured postfix to
accept mail from our subnets only, killed the MX so it doesnt recieved
inbound mail, block the port on the firewall or in bound 25.

We already had mailscanner doing in bound for half of our domains, we
changed the rest of the MX to point to it and now have an seperate
inbound and outbound systems. Which the boss wants to double so we have
network and hardware redunancy.

Now to convince the boss to buy Julian something expensive.

Pete