Notifications.

David Curtis DCurtis at SBSCHOOLS.NET
Wed Feb 9 18:36:42 GMT 2005

Thanks for the advice. I have read the pdf. I will probably by the book.
I usually only ask questions when I have read and searched for
answers...but when the settings look right and I have not found an
answer in my search I ask a question to the list.

>>> joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA 2/9/2005 1:28:03 PM >>>
David,

 With all due respect, I really think that you should take a look at
the
online manual that Steve Swaney put together at:

        http://www.fsl.com/support/MailScanner-Manual-Version-1.0.1.pdf

 You should also consider buying Julian's book, which documents
practically
everything in MailScanner, from:

        http://www.cafepress.com/mailscanner2,mailscanner.13170076

 If you were to read these (and read them carefully), as well as the
actual
comments in the configuration files, you would save yourself alot of
time
and trouble instead of having to ask the list a new question every hour
or
so.

 For example, in the MailScanner.conf file for the option "Still
Deliver
Silent Viruses":

        # Still deliver (after cleaning) messages that contained
viruses
listed
        # in the above option ("Silent Viruses") to the recipient?
        # Setting this to "yes" is good when you are testing
everything, and
        # because it shows management that MailScanner is protecting
them,
        # but it is bad because they have to filter/delete all the
incoming
virus
        # warnings.
        #
        # Note: Once you have deployed this into "production" use, you
should set
        # Note: this option to "no" so you don't bombard thousands of
people
with
        # Note: useless messages they don't want!

 Regards,
-Joshua