Cleaning and updating installs

Dave Filchak dfilchak at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Feb 9 16:59:20 GMT 2005

Hello to all,

I want to apologize up front for this long winded message but it is all
to do with my current issues.

I am trying to clean up, organize and understand my
MailScanner/ClamAV/Spamassassin installs. In trying to update my ClamAV,
I seem to, in some cases, have things installed in two places. I know
some directories changed with newer versions so what I would appreciate,
is that someone would give me the definitive directory locations for the
current versions.

I also have managed to confuse myself as to what the best method of
updating these applications. I have no problems with MailScanner but I
am confused about ClamAV and Spamassassin. I have searched the archives
but really have not found an answer. I used yum to update my ClamAV but
I have also read that one should just get the tar ball and do it from
source every time you need to upgrade. And SpamAssassin, I am not sure
at all about the best way to go about updating. I am now receiving a
--lint error that says:

***WARNING***: spamassassin --lint failed.
Rolling configuration files back, not restarting SpamAssassin.
Rollback command is:  mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_random.cf /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_random.cf.2; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_random.cf.20050209-0330 /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_random.cf;

Lint output: warning: score set for non-existent rule X_OSIRU_DUL_FH
warning: score set for non-existent rule RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM
warning: score set for non-existent rule X_OSIRU_SPAM_SRC
warning: score set for non-existent rule X_OSIRU_OPEN_RELAY
warning: score set for non-existent rule X_OSIRU_SPAMWARE_SITE
warning: score set for non-existent rule X_OSIRU_DUL
lint: 6 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more information.

This has just started today and so I am thinking though that it is because my SpamAssassin is out of date? My debug output looks fine with the exception of:

LibClamAV Warning: ****************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: ***  This version of ClamAV engine is outdated.  ***
LibClamAV Warning: ***         Please update it IMMEDIATELY!        ***
LibClamAV Warning: ****************************************************

Here are where my current directories are and you will see that I have some duplicates here that I want to clear out.

/usr/bin/clamav-config
/usr/bin/clamscan
/usr/bin/freshclam

/usr/lib/libclamav.so.1.0.6