Missing BAYES???

Magda Hewryk MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Tue Feb 8 18:08:05 GMT 2005

Thanks!
My Bayes options were turned off.  But I'm not missing BAYES in the score
..almost every spam has BAYES ...

Rebuild Bayes Every = 0
Wait During Bayes Rebuild = no

Thanks,

Magda

             Scott Silva
             <ssilva at SGVWATER.
             Sent by:                  MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
             MailScanner                                                cc
             mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC                                     Subject
             MAIL.AC.UK>               Re: Missing BAYES???

             02/08/2005 11:37
             AM

             Please respond to
                MailScanner
               mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                MAIL.AC.UK>

Magda Hewryk wrote:
> What command should I run to get the following?
>
> Rebuild Bayes Every = 259200

> What is the bayes rebuild option in MailScanner?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Magda Hewryk
> --------------------------------
> Mid-Range Systems
> 905-273-1637 (Office)
> 416-554-0743 (Cell)

If you look at the comments in this area you will see that the "Rebuild
Bayes Every = xxx" is the number of seconds between rebuilds. 259200 is
3 days, the default in the file is 86400 which is 1 day or 24 hours.
If you turn this on, make sure you set "Wait During Bayes Rebuild = yes"
so MailScanner doesn't try to process mail during this rebuild, or you
will get spamassasssin timeouts, and spam might get through.
If you rebuild daily, it shouldn't take more than a minute on a fairly
modern processor. I get times near 30 seconds on a dual pIII 1.0 Ghz
server.