Which OS?

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Tue Feb 8 04:47:18 GMT 2005

-----Original Message-----
Of Lance Haig
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 6:52 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Which OS?

Hi,

I am moving my server to a hosted service. They offer many different
distributions on the server.

As all you guys have much more experience with MS than I do I was wondering
if you would offer some advice.
Of this list which would be the easiest to maintain and run?

CentOS 3.1 (RHEL)
Debian 3.0r1
Fedora Core 2
Fedore Core 1
Gentoo Linux 2004.2 (09-14)
Mandrake 9.1
Mandrake 9.1
Red Hat 8.0
Red Hat 9.0
Red Hat 9.0
Slackware 10
Slackware 9.0
Ubuntu 4.10

Thanks

Lance

I run either RHEL3 or Centos-3.4 on all of my boxen and am quite happy with
it.  I think it all boils down to which distro YOU are more comfortable
working with.

Mike