Missing BAYES???

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Mon Feb 7 23:30:44 GMT 2005

Chris Conn wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This is what I have:
>>>
>>> Rebuild Bayes Every = 259200
>>>
>>> Wait During Bayes Rebuild = yes
>>>
>>> Out of 4975 messages marked as possible spam today, only 4842 had
>>> BAYES_XXX scores attached, the rest having a bunch of spamassassin
>>> scores but no BAYES.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>> That is a long Bayes rebuild interval. Maybe it is just taking a long
>> time to rebuild.
>

> Hello,
>
> According to my logs, the database rebuilds in about 120 seconds.  Is
> that excessively long?
>
> Chris

It shouldn't be that bad, as long as MailScanner is waiting during that
time. Maybe check the same area of the log and look for any MailScanner
processing log entries during the time of the rebuild.
Mine dakes an average of 30 seconds from the rebuild is due to the
rebuild completed. But I also run a rebuild every 12 hours, just to keep
it light.

--
"If you have ever eaten crow,
It don't taste like chicken!!"