SpamAssassin/MS & 25_uribl.cf

Magda Hewryk MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Thu Feb 3 20:52:22 GMT 2005

I haveb DB_File and other modues as listed below.
I'm going to install DBI via cpan.  Thanks!

debug: diag: module not installed: DBI ('require' failed)
debug: diag: module installed: DB_File, version 1.808
debug: diag: module installed: Digest::SHA1, version 2.07
debug: diag: module installed: IO::Socket::UNIX, version 1.21
debug: diag: module installed: MIME::Base64, version 2.21
debug: diag: module installed: Net::DNS, version 0.45
debug: diag: module not installed: Net::LDAP ('require' failed)
debug: diag: module installed: Razor2::Client::Agent, version 2.40
debug: diag: module installed: Storable, version 2.09
debug: diag: module installed: URI, version 1.30
Thanks,

Magda

             "Furnish, Trever
             G"
             <TGFurnish at HERFFJ                                          To
             ONES.COM>                 MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
             MailScanner
             mailing list                                          Subject
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC         Re: SpamAssassin/MS &  25_uribl.cf
             MAIL.AC.UK>

             02/03/2005 03:45
             PM

             Please respond to
                MailScanner
               mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                MAIL.AC.UK>

You got that when you ran spamassassin --lint -D?  You probably have
missing PERL modules then, but that's really just a guess.

DBI is a Perl API for accessing databases.  It's provided as a set of Perl
modules, and it in turn needs other (DBD) modules to talk to specific
databases.  One of those modules is probably DB_File, which is listed in
the requirements for SpamAssassin 3+, so if you don't have that installed,
don't expect things to work.

If you're on a Redhat system (at least on my RHEL3 system), DBI is packaged
as "perl-DBI" by Redhat and DB_File is needed from CPAN.

Hope that helps.  And hopefully others will correct me if I'm leading you
astray...

-t.