autolearn , spam URIBL_OB_SURBL

Magda Hewryk MHewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Thu Feb 3 19:28:16 GMT 2005

I don't use bayes, maybe this is why.
SA - 3.0.2

How do I check bayes DB? How do I refresh bayes?  How do I make sure bayes
is autolearning?  How can I maintain byes?  Not maintain bayes gets crazy
results...
I had bayes turned on for some time and it was a disaster, all spams had
BAYES with the minus score.

I can see that yours has a minus value too:   BAYES_00 -2.60!!!!!!!    This
is wrong, right?

I like yours:  URIBL_OB_SURBL 3.21.  What is this?  How can I set it up?
If I has it turn on it might help with all the Spam coming through our mail
gateway systems.

Thanks,

Magda Hewryk
--------------------------------
Mid-Range Systems
905-273-1637 (Office)
416-554-0743 (Cell)

             "Hirsh, Joshua"
             <joshua.hirsh at PAR
             TNERSOLUTIONS.CA>                                          To
             Sent by:                  MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
             MailScanner                                                cc
             mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC                                     Subject
             MAIL.AC.UK>               Re: autolearn , spam

             02/03/2005 01:59
             PM

             Please respond to
                MailScanner
               mailing list
             <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                MAIL.AC.UK>

> I just wonder what is wrong with my SA config?  Does not score
> the below email as Spam. What is the autolearn=disabled mean?  Bayes?
>
> not spam, SpamAssassin (score=1.318, required 4.9, autolearn=disabled,
> RAZOR2_CHECK 0.15, URIBL_SBL 0.63, URIBL_WS_SURBL 0.54)"
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magda

Funny... it marked it as spam for me:
score=5.36, required 5, BAYES_00 -2.60, BIZ_TLD 2.29, URIBL_OB_SURBL 3.21,
URIBL_SBL 1.00, URIBL_WS_SURBL 1.46

Which version of SpamAssassin are you running?

If you don't use bayes or you have "bayes_auto_learn 1" set, autolearn will
show as disabled.

Regards,

-Joshua