Matching domain to sender.

Joe Smith joey at JOESMITH.NET
Wed Feb 2 15:21:45 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, David Curtis wrote:

> I have not seen this setting and thing that it might prevent a ton of
> spam. I may be wrong. Just your normal System Adin...no super human
> traits.

It is becoming less prevalent for spammers to do this, due to better laws
and enforcement.  They are moving more towards registered or borrowed
domains which makes them look legit.  However there is a system along the
lines you query gaining some popularity, SPF.

Have a look:

http://spf.pobox.com

I have started configuring some of my domains to respond to spf queries.