{Spam? 0.09} check_MailScanner.cron issue in v4.38.9

Brad Beckenhauer brad at BECKENHAUER.COM
Wed Feb 2 11:40:20 GMT 2005

Hi,

I upgraded from 4.35.11 to 4.38.9 using the tar.gz last night.

Everything went well during the upgrade, but this morning I noticed that the etc/cron/check_MailScanner.cron job was erroring and here is the exact error message:

"/opt/MailScanner/bin/cron/check_MailScanner.cron: line 19: /opt/MailScanner/bin/check_MailScanner: No such file or directory"

Here is what I found on my system:

/opt/MailScanner/bin/cron/check_MailScanner.cron file references
/opt/MailScanner/bin/check_MailScanner

/opt/MailScanner/bin/check_MailScanner does not exist ( at least by that name).

Solution (pay attention to the case of the file name):

edit the /opt/MailScanner/bin/cron/check_MailScanner.cron file and change the filename case in line 19
from:
/opt/MailScanner/bin/check_MailScanner
to:
/opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner

that's all.

Julian,
Many, Many thanks for MailScanner
I've been using MS since version 3.22-12 and have loved every minute of it.
I've also bought the book, One of the "early releases" with the bad index, now a reference manual on my shelf.
Can't wait to see this new product you've been hinting about the past week or so...  A ruleset editor I heard mentioned.

-Brad

Everything should be as simple as possible
but not one bit simpler

- Albert Einstein