"Restart Every" option in MailScanner.conf?

shuttlebox shuttlebox at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 30 16:21:29 GMT 2005

On 12/30/05, Michael Mansour <micoots at yahoo.com> wrote:
      These
      scripts are good when you're running on a single host,
      but in a cluster they only cause problems for the
      standby node.

      I guess all I have to do is remove the cron job and be
      sure to set a monitor on the process to tell me when
      MailScanner is shutdown.

I'm glad you found the problem.

Is there a reason why you want one system just idling, why not running it
instead? It will share the load and still take all the load if one fails.
It's as easy as assigning an MX record in DNS pointing to both your boxes
with the same "cost".

--
/Peter