Mailwatch

Jon Miller jlmiller at MMTNETWORKS.COM.AU
Thu Dec 29 18:14:14 GMT 2005

Can I ask a mailwatch question here?
If so here is the problem.  A few days ago on a debian server 3.01 the mailscanner program failed to start and the server would not load until I had to update-rc.d remove mailscanner and uninstall mailscanner, spamassassin and mailwatch.  I then reinstalled the programs and from what I can see it looks okay.  However I cannot get mailwatch to work.  My mysql program sits on another server and in the conf.php and /opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm files on the mail server I have the variable db_host pointing to the correct server.  However I still get the following message when I try to run mailwatch

 Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.10.4' (4) in /var/www/mailscanner/functions.php on line 497
Could not connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.10.4' (4)

This function is trying to call the MySQL database and for some reason the information is not going through.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jon L. Miller,  ASE, CNS, CLS, MCNE, CCNA
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au
Resellers for: Novell Gold Partner, Cisco Partner, Peopletelecom, Westnet, Sophos Anti-Virus,

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby