Problem Starting MailScanner

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Dec 29 13:13:17 GMT 2005

Hi there –

We have MailScanner running on an HP-UX 10.20 secured/trusted system and
are having problems getting it to run on startup.

The script to start the program is in /sbin/init.d. During system boot,
the script comes back with a failed message. When we

try to start the program via the script, we get the output that is shown
below:

[IMAGE]

As you can see, MailScanner does not appear to be running. Consequently,
while the sendmail daemon is running, mail messages

are not being passed to it and subsequently delivered to their
recipients.

What steps do I need to take to correct this matter? Thanks.