MailScanner Will Not Start

Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy miguelk at KONSULTEX.COM.BR
Thu Dec 29 11:47:37 GMT 2005

Shaun;

On Nov. 10th I had a strange problem with MailScanner due to perl. It
was not quite like yours although the result was the same: it would not
start. I solved it by rebooting the machine. I hate to do that but there
was no magic that would make it work.

Of course, Gerry's idea makes sense too. But in my case I also had
strange messages telling me that things that I did have were not installed.

Miguel

Gerry Doris wrote:

> ShaunM [MailShield] wrote:
>
>> Heya,
>> I have this problem when starting mailscanner. Anyone know what it is
>> ? or
>> how to fix it?
>>
>> It does not start even when it says ok.
>>

>> root at filter1 [~/msinstall]# service MailScanner restart
>> Shutting down MailScanner daemons:
>>          MailScanner:                                      [FAILED]
>> Starting MailScanner daemons:
>>          MailScanner:       Can't locate Net/CIDR.pm in @INC (@INC
>> contains:
>> /usr/mailscanner/lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
>> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0
>> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
>> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
>> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
>> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
>> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .
>> /usr/mailscanner/lib) at /usr/mailscanner/lib/MailScanner/Config.pm
>> line 34.
>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
>> /usr/mailscanner/lib/MailScanner/Config.pm line 34.
>> Compilation failed in require at /usr/mailscanner/bin/MailScanner
>> line 64.
>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/mailscanner/bin/MailScanner
>> line
>> 64.
>>                                                            [  OK  ]
>> root at filter1 [~/msinstall]#
>>
>> Thanks
>> Shaun
>

> Have you considered installing Net::CIDR?
>
> Gerry

Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.