Any potential gotchas using Maildir with MailScanner?

Mike McMullen mlm at LOANPROCESSING.NET
Tue Dec 27 22:22:56 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I'm considering switching over from mbox format to maildir on our
IMAP/MailScanner server. (We're small enough the two live quite
happily on one box.)

We use MailScanner/SA/ClamAV/Sendmail/Procmail. On a test box,
I've configured sendmail/procmail/dovecot and they all seem to be working
with maildir format just fine. I brought over about 20,000-30,000 emails and
folders and converted them from mbox to maildir.

Are there any potential gotchas to layering MailScanner et all on top of sendmail
/procmail with maildirs that I need to be aware of?

If my testing continues to go ok, I'd roll it out on the production system over the
new years holiday.

Any feedback or insight appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike