Alternative "From" address for me

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Tue Dec 27 20:27:04 GMT 2005

Julian Field wrote on         Sun, 25 Dec 2005 13:06:20 +0000:

> They could simply come from jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk. Quite a few of the
> possibilities have mailscanner in the domain name, which reduces the
> scope somewhat. Others include jules.fm, jools.fm, joul.es,
> phishingnet.info, julianfield.com/net/org, julesfield.com/net/org/info,
> mail-scanner.com/net/org/info. I have a load of others too, but they all
> contain the string "mailscanner" in them somewhere.
>
> Any suggestions? I'll register a new one if someone has any good ideas,
> which are related to mailscanner but don't actually contain mailscanner.
> The mail-scanner.com sounds like one of the better ones.

Julian, last time this rule hit for me (and I then whitelisted your email
address) it hit on the *user* part. Only the user part makes sense. So,
just using "announcements at mailscanner.info" will solve this. Unless there
are other rules which are not so carefully constructed. However, if there
*are* rules hitting on the domain part we better contact the maintainer of
the rules because it is obviously complete nonsense to make them so loose
that they hit on the domain part as well.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany