Best Way to test Spam Ability

Greg Borders gborders at jlewiscooper.com
Mon Dec 26 13:53:30 GMT 2005

Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>
>> Nathan Olson spake the following on 12/21/2005 8:41 PM:

>>> Put it into production ;)
>>>
>>> Nate
>>>

>> I second that !!!
>>

> <snip>

> you can test your server in many different ways; there's no
> substitute, however, for hooking it up directly to the internet, where
> spammers can track you down in 20 seconds or less.
If the real world barrage of crap e-mails don't fit the bill, you can
always feed some messages through to your system using your MTA
program.  For example, it's really easy for sendmail, just cat out a
mailbox laden with spam, and pipe it to Sendmail. It will deliver those
to your mailscanner system as fast as your hardware allows. :)

--
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the

believed to be clean.