spam.assassin.prefs.conf not being read - was Re: Problem with ALL_TRUSTED since 4.48

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Thu Dec 22 23:45:40 GMT 2005

Brian Lewis spake the following on 12/22/2005 8:25 AM:
> Ok after further testing on another server I find that using a different
> SA.pm doesn't fix the issue.  The only 'work around' I have found is to
> place a copy of all the .cf files into /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin that I
> already have in /etc/mail/spamassassin.
> Basically spamassassin properly uses /etc/mail/spamassassin when launched
> command line or from web php test, but if MailScanner 4.49.4-1 calls up
> SpamAssassin, it will not load the cf files from /etc/mail/spamassassin
> Thus my 'snfilter.cf' that exists in that folder isn't included in the
> Mailscanner called upon SA.
>
> Hopefully we could fix this in future versions so that the .cf files that
> already exist in /etc/mail/spamassassin are included.  Or at least
> document that we must move those files into /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin if
> thats the perl site dir for SA which it is in my case.

Or just make /usr/etc/mail/spamassassin be a link to
/etc/mail/spamassassin. I had to do just that after I upgraded to
spamassassin 3.1.0.

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |