Clam Win Virus Checker

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Thu Dec 22 20:52:09 GMT 2005

Matt Kettler writes:

> Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>> I'd vouch for it.. except for a slight nag with database updates.
>> (though the problem could be mine and mine alone)
>> ERROR: Can't query current.cvd.clamav.net
>> WARNING: Invalid DNS reply. Falling back to HTTP mode.
>> - dhawal
>
> I've never had a copy of clamwin do that, so it's probably just you.. makes me
> wonder if the DNS server at your site is working correctly.

The dsl modem (and my caching nameserver) at home doesn't resolve TXT
records, which is something i just discovered.. so a "dig @192.168.1.1
current.cvd.clamav.net TXT" fails though "dig @ns1.clamav.net.." works, thus
leading to the fallback http.. thanks for making me think.

Time for more work, sigh.

 - dhawal